Imperial Hubris by Michael Scheuer, 2004, Excerpts
The United States is hated across the Islamic world because of specific U.S. government policies and actions. That hatred is concrete not abstract, martial not intellectual, and it will grow for the foreseeable future. America is hated and attacked because Muslims believe they know precisely what the United States is doing in the Islamic world because of the tangible reality of U.S. policy.
None of the reasons have anything to do with our freedom, liberty, and democracy, but have everything to do with U.S. policies and actions in the Muslim world. Keep in mind how easy it is for Muslims to see, hear, experience, and hate the U.S. policies repeatedly referred to as anti-Muslim.
- U.S. support for Israel that keeps Palestinians in the Israeli’s thrall.
- U.S. and other Western troops on the Arabian Peninsula.
- U.S. occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- U.S. support for Russia, India and China against their Muslim militants.
- U.S. pressure on Arab energy producers to keep oil prices low.
- U.S support for apostate, corrupt, and tyrannical Muslim governments.
'Anti-Islam' video protests spread worldwide
15 Sep 2012
Film: Innocence of Muslims
Film is a Tipping Point of unrest.